Report whether and how the precautionary approach
or principle is addressed by the organization.
Certification of Group industrial facilities, storage facilities and service stations, in accordance with internationally recognized standards (first year of certification)
Certification type and first year of certification
|Facility||ISO 9001||ISO 14001||OHSAS 18001||ISO 17025 *||
|Polypropylene industrial facility||2003||2013|
|EKO’s liquid fuel storage facilities||2018||2001(Aspropyrgos, Corfu & Heraklion), 2018 (all storage facilities)|
|ΕΚΟ’s Lubricant Production Unit||1997||2003||2003|
|EKO’s aviation fuel petrol stations at 18 airports||2001||2003||2003|
|ΕΚΟ’s CALYPSO petrol stations||2011 (2 petrol stations in Aspropyrgos), 2018 (all EKO Calypso petrol stations)||2018|
|LPG Storage and Distribution Units (Aspropyrgos & Kalochori)||2018||2018|
|Hydrocarbon Exploration and Production activity||1999||2013||2013|
Note: *Refers to refinery laboratories
Also see the indicator 102-15
Standards have been adopted and applied in relation to Quality Assurance Systems ISO 9001: 2015 and BRC / IOP Issue 5: Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials.
In-progress approaches (such as training, competitive pricing and promotion initiatives) which ensure that our partners comply with our corporate policy and regulations confirm customer loyalty and improve sales methods. Regular fuels testing performed by independent laboratories, confirms the quality and quantity of the products. Regular weekly employee training for dealing with emergencies. Annual training for petrol station staff on health and safety issues.
With the adoption of international standards/management systems (CYS EN ISO 9001: 2015, CYS EN ISO 14001: 22015& OSHAS 18001: 2007, on 8/4/2005) HPC ensured for safe and professional behaviour in all its operations. Risk assessments were carried out for all major operations, facilities and petrol stations.
The harmonization of HSE with mandatory statutory requirements established by government authorities and voluntary requirements by standardization bodies and corporate requirements have obliged OKTA to provide a number of activities related to environmental protection as well as safety and health at work.
- Waste Management Programme 2019-2021 submitted to relevant Authorities
- Continuous monitoring of gaseous emissions using a computational model
- Monitoring the quality of water discharge, water and groundwater
- Drilling process on OKTA’s own land to provide new sources of water for the company’s needs
- Emulsion treatment and Phytoremediation of emulsion sludge
- Current revision of the risk assessment for jobs
- Preventive medical checks (periodic and systematic) according to the job risk assessment
- Systematic organizational adaptation and training of staff to maximize health, safety and environmental issues through monthly fire safety exercises
- Drill with Directorate for protection and rescue
- Risk assessment for natural disasters and other accidents
- Plan for safety and rescue based on the risk assessment for natural disasters, current, operational and technological risks, safety risks including respond forces
- Internal health, safety and environmental training for safe handling and fueling by staff
- Presentations on environmental management.
Furthermore, HR applies the “precautionary principle” in all its areas of operation (HR planning, selection and recruitment, training & development, succession planning, evaluation, reward) to prevent any risks in its areas of operation.
As a precautionary measure, all employees performing any kind of work (including inspection) in explosive atmospheres were trained according to EN 60079 – 17 “Explosive atmospheres, Equipment repair, overhaul and reclamation”.
In the area of procurement, “the precautionary principle” is one of the basic principles of operations and has been included in the formulation of the specific procurement strategy, which pays particular attention to ensuring for smooth and uninterrupted supply under the best economic conditions and always in accordance with the approved procurement manual.